We are seeking a motivated and experienced Duty Manager to join our team at a vibrant and busy cafe and bar in Northlake, Wanaka. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day service operations, ensuring the highest level of customer service, maintaining the quality of food and beverage offerings and offering over-all support to our Front of House manager.
The position we have available is mostly for the morning/café shifts, but may be negotiable for the right candidate.
- Supervise and manage the front-of-house staff
- Monitor inventory levels and place orders as instructed
- Ensure all food and beverage items are prepared and served to company standards
- Ensuring appropriate staffing levels on each shift as the Duty Manager
- Maintain a clean, safe and welcoming environment for customers and staff
- Handle customer inquiries, complaints and feedback in a professional and timely manner
- Enforce compliance with health and safety regulations, food hygiene and company policies
- Assist the FOH Manager in conducting regular training sessions for staff to improve their skills and knowledge
- Proven experience as a Duty Manager or similar role in a busy cafe or restaurant environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Café/Barista experiene a bonus
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of coffee and food preparation techniques
- Flexibility to work on weekends and public holidays
- Current Manager’s Certificate (or ability to obtain one)
- Must have legal right to work in New Zealand
If you are a driven and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits, as well as opportunities for growth and development within the company.