We are seeking a talented and experienced Head Chef to join our team and lead the kitchen operations at our new venue in Wanaka, opening in July. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating exceptional food and delivering an outstanding dining experience while maintaining a friendly and professional atmosphere. To begin with, the role will be primarily evening focused, Wednesday – Sunday. To successfully lead the team, you will need to be hands-on and available for weekend shifts.
The new venue will be a small bar that delivers a curated small plate style food and beverage experience. The dishes, wines, cocktails and beers will be always changing, but with some signature plates that keep our customers coming back.
What you will bring:
- Passion – for building great food, kitchen teams and culture.
- Grit – willingness to dig in and keep working towards a goal even when the going gets tough.
- Teamwork – understand that it takes a team to make things great, not individuals.
- Integrity – we want to live in a world where we can trust each other.
- Curiosity – you will have a thirst to learn and keep improving to make things better.
- Humility – Be humble and be authentic.
Our mission is: To create great places where people come together to socialize, and have fun.
There is also the opportunity for some supporting oversight of our sister venue, b.social taproom & eatery, if multi-site management is in your wheelhouse or your desired next career step.
- Develop and execute menu plans that are innovative, fresh and exciting, with a focus on quality ingredients and seasonal produce.
- Oversee all aspects of the kitchen, including food preparation, cooking, and presentation, ensuring consistency and high standards of quality
- Manage and train kitchen staff to ensure efficient and effective operations, maintaining a positive and supportive work environment
- Manage inventory and ordering of food and supplies to maintain optimal levels while minimizing waste and controlling costs
- Work collaboratively with front-of-house staff to ensure seamless and outstanding customer service
Skills & Attributes that we are looking for:
- Reliable, organised, quick, and the ability to multi-task with a cool head under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to lead, manage and organise the team as well as work with the other departments to ensure everyone succeeds.
- Good personal presentation, good time management and the ability to work in an organised and professional manner.
- Knowledge of relevant hygiene legislative regulations and codes of practice.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of kitchen costs and inventory.
- Capable of managing stocktakes.
- Be hard working, motivated and passionate about food.
- Previous Head Chef experience
Remuneration will be in line with the successful applicant’s previous experience and what they can bring to the business.
If you want the chance to contribute to a new business in a meaningful way, we would love to hear from you, please send through your CV and a cover Letter.